November 12, 2009

Thomas Pridgen with The Mars Volta

I just want to share a video of one of the drummers whom I've been checking out and listening to nowadays. Here's Thomas Pridgen, a drummer I first saw and heard on Gospelchops. He is currently playing for The Mars Volta. Pridgen is now a fast-rising superstar in the drumming world.

This video features their TV guesting on The Late Show with David Letterman, where they performed "Wax Simulacra", from their 2008 album The Bedlam in Goliath. Oh my God, that speed, that power, all that aggression and gusto... Those killer single strokes and heel-breaking kick drum patterns! Plus the whole band is playing all out like there's no tomorrow. Pridgen is a monster!! And this monster is inspiring me a lot nowadays.

No comments:

Post a Comment